About Otolaryngology (ENT) and Head and Neck Surgery Department
Established in 1988, the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (ENT) at Shalamar Hospital provides leading-edge medical and surgical care to children and adults afflicted with ear, nose and throat, head and neck diseases.
Our surgeons, unique in their breadth of knowledge and management of complex cases, are dedicated to exceptional patient care which is reflected by positive patient outcomes. The department offers the latest advancements in technology and instrumentation to ensure precision and accuracy.
We are committed to excellence in patient care by translating medical innovations into effective surgical care to improve the lives of our patients.
Conditions We Treat
Procedure and Treatments
Cochlear & Hearing Aid Implantation
PE Tubes (Myringotomy)
Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Nasal Septum Reconstruction
Nasal Valve Repair
Direct Laryngoscopy with Biopsy
Nasal Polyps Removal (Polypectomy)
Head & Neck
Jaw Removal Surgery (Mandibulectomy)
Dr. Arshad Ullah Afridi is an Otorhinolaryngologist at Shalamar Hospital. He is a fellow of College of Physician and Surgeon of Pakistan and a Fellow of the American college of surgeon.
Dr. Arshad Ullah Afridi attended medical school from Peshawar University and completed his ENT internship and residency at Sir Ganga Ram hospital Lahore in 2014. He received his undergraduate degree from University of Peshawar.
|FACS||2020||2020||American College of Surgeons||America|
|FCPS||2009||2014||College of Physician and Surgeon of Pakistan||Pakistan|
|M.B.,B.S. /MD||2000||2006||Gomel medical college/ Peshawar University||Pakistan Peshawar|
|Post Graduate training||2009||2013||Sir Ganga Ram hospital/Fatima Jinnah Medical||Lahore/Pakistan|
|Certificate in Medical Teaching||2017||2021||University of Health Sciences||Lahore Pakistan|
- Positive Predictive Value of X-Ray PNS 450 in Chronic Maxillary Sinusitis Taking Antral Washout as Gold Standard. Pakistan Journal of Medical and Health Sciences.
Vol. 9, Issue 3, July – September 2015
Asif Manzoor, Arshad Ullah Afridi, Shahid Ghafoor Malik Pakistan. Journal of Medical and Health Sciences Vol. 11, Issue 1, January – March 2017
- Frequency of Hearing Loss in patient presenting with Tinnitus
Arshad Ullah Afridi, Hadia Sultan, Rabia Zaman Khan, Tehseen Haider. Pakistan Journal of Medical and Health Sciences. Vol. 12, Issue 4, October – December 2018
- Clinical, Radiological, Radio-isotope & Histopathological Findings with Solitary Cold Nodule Thyroid, keeping in view main outcome measures
Asif Manzoor, Arshad Ullah Afridi, Shahid Ghafoor Malik. Pakistan Journal of Medical and Health Sciences. Vol. 10, Issue 4, October – December 2016
- PREVALENCE OF HEARING LOSS AND USE OF HEARING AIDS AMONG CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS. INDO AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
Dr Arshad Ullah Afridi1, Dr Ali Nasir2, Dr Sana Bilal3 Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2020; 07(05).
- Frequency of Age-related Hearing Loss in General Population of 60 Years and above
FAISAL RAFIQ1, M. MUBARIK ALI2, ARSHADULLAH AFRIDI3, MUHAMMAD AKHLAQ4, SHIRAZ ASLAM5, NAIMA KHAN6
P J M H S Vol. 14, NO. 3, JUL – SEP 2020 508
- Secondary Heamorrhage After Cold Steel Tonsillectomy: An Audit Performed in Shalamar Hospital 1Arshadullah Afridi, 2Sana Tariq, 3Muhammad Dawood, 4Sarwat Iqbal, 5Usna Athar,1Aisha Hanif Proceedings S.Z.M.C. Vol: 34(4): pp. 64-69, 2020. PSZMC-773-34-4-2020
- Comparison of Bipolar Diathermy and Suture Ligation for Haemostasis in Tonsillectomy MAAMON AMEEN HEZAM1, ALI NASIR2, ARSHAD ULLAH AFRIDI3, FAISAL RAFIQ4, DAMISH ARSALAN5, ZUBAIR AHMED6
P J M H S Vol. 14, NO. 3, JUL – SEP 2020 1434
- Outcome of Antral Washout in the Initial Stages of Maxillary Sinusitis
MUHAMMAD AKHLAQ1, M MUBARIK ALI2, FAISAL RAFIQ3, SHIRAZ ASLAM4, AAMERAYUB AWAN5, ARSHAD ULLAH AFRIDI6, MUHAMMAD TUFAIL7
P J M H S Vol. 14, NO. 4, OCT – DEC 2020
- Type I Tympanoplasty in patients with Chronic Suppurative Otitis Media: Does it improve hearing significantly?
ZUBAIR AHMED1, ALI NASIR2, ARSHAD ULLAH AFRIDI3, MAAMON AMEEN HEZAM4, FAISAL RAFIQ5, SANA BILAL6
P J M H S Vol. 14, NO. 4, OCT – DEC 2020 1907
- Analysis of emotional and psychological need of people with diabetis mellitus
DR Sehar anwar Dr Arshad ULLAH Afridi Dr hammad Iqbal
Indo Am. J. P. Sci, 2020; 07(12).
|Member of ENT UK||2019||Till date||ENT UK||England|