Dr. Imran Basit is an Ophthalmologist at Shalamar Hospital. He is board certified in OPHTHALMOLOGY and a Fellow of College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow (UK).
Dr. Imran Basit attended medical school at Army Medical College and completed his OPHTHALMOLOGY internship and residency at Armed Forces Post Graduate Medical Institute.
Prior to joining Shalamar, Dr. Imran Basit was serving as an eye specialist in Pakistan Army and was also consultant eye specialist in Royal Saudi armed forces Hospital at Najran.
|FRCS||2005||Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons||Glasgow, UK|
|M.B.,B.S||1986||Army Medical College||Pakistan|
- PG Training at Armed Forces Post Graduate Medical Institute. (AFPGMI).
- ON Job training in UK at North Middlesex Hospital, London. July 1999 to September 1999
- Post operative corneal astigmatism and management. (Approved CPSP Dissertation for FCPS part 2).
- Frequency of D.M., viral hepatitis among cataract patients in a Saudi military hospital. (Pakistan Journal of Pathology, May-June 2009).
- Yaqub A, Basit I. OPTICAL PATHWAY GLIOMAS PRESENTING AS UNILATERAL PROPTOSIS. Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal. 2012 Mar 1(1):104..
- Basit I, Hameed A, Akram A. Frequency of diabetic retinopathy among dialysis patients and their awareness about the need for screening to prevent blindness. Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal. 2014 Mar 31;64(1):88-91.
- Sahar S, Ayaz S, Akram MU, Basit I. A Case Study Approach: Iterative Prototyping Model Based Detection of Macular Edema in Retinal OCT Images. InSEKE 2015 Jul (pp. 266-271).
- Usmani D, Akram MU, Abbas S, Ahmed T, Basit I. Generation of Retinal Image Mosaic using Weber Local Descriptor. Journal of Information Assurance & Security. 2015 Mar 1;10(3).
- Khan MS, Malik S, Basit I. Effect of intralesional 5 fluorouracil injection in primary pterygium. Pakistan journal of medical sciences. 2016 Jan;32(1):130.
- Comparison of primary versus recurrent pterygium after intralesional 5-FU. (Journal of the Pakistan medical association, May 2016).
- Khan MS, Basit I, Ishaq M, Shakoor T, Yaqub A, Intisar R. Corneal collagen cross linking (CXL) in treatment of pseudophakic bullous keratopathy. Pakistan journal of medical sciences. 2016 Jul;32(4):965.
- ul Haq I. Role of Standard CXL in Cases of Non-Responding Corneal Abscess With & Without Hypopyon. in Vitrectomy for Vitreous Hemorrhage in Diabetic Eye Disease. 2016 Apr;14(2):33.
- Ayub L, samad Khan A, Ayub J, Ayub S, Akram U, Irshad S, Basit I. Differentiation of blood vessels in retina into arteries and veins using neural network. In2016 International Conference on Computing, Electronic and Electrical Engineering (ICE Cube) 2016 Apr 11 (pp. 301-306). IEEE.
- Khan MS, Habib A, Basit I. Unilateral-external ophthalmoplegia: a rare presentation of myasthenia gravis. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2016 Nov 1;26(11):142-3.
- Salam AA, Khalil T, Akram MU, Jameel A, Basit I. Automated detection of glaucoma using structural and non structural features. Springerplus. 2016 Dec;5(1):1-21.
- Salam AA, Akram MU, Arouj A, Basit I, Shaqur T, Javed H, Wazir K. Benchmark data set for glaucoma detection with annotated cup to disc ratio. In2017 International Conference on Signals and Systems (ICSigSys) 2017 May 16 (pp. 227-233). IEEE.
- Akbar S, Hassan T, Akram MU, Yasin UU, Basit I. AVRDB: annotated dataset for vessel segmentation and calculation of arteriovenous ratio. InProceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition (IPCV) 2017 (pp. 129-134). The Steering Committee of The World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Applied Computing (WorldComp).
- Bhatti SH, Mehboob MA, Khan IU, Basit I, Rabbani S, Arslan Z. Comparison of plasma homocysteine (hcy) levels in normal population and patients of pseudoexfoliation syndrome. Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal. 2018 Oct 30;68(3):526-30.
- Fida A, Humayun S, Fatima I, Basit I, Ishaq M, Hussain F. SAFETY OF HIGH INTENSITY ACCELERATED CORNEAL COLLAGEN CROSS-LINKING IN KERATOCONUS PATIENTS ON BASIS OF ENDOTHELIAL CELL DENISITY. Journal of Ayub Medical College Abbottabad. 2018 Nov 26;30(4):501-5.
- Fida A, Mukhtar A, Basit I, Hussain F, Ishaq M. EFFECT ON CORNEAL DIOPTRIC POWER IN PATIENTS UNDERGOING 23G SUTURE LESS PARS PLANA VITRECTOMY. Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal. 2018 Oct 31;68(5):1186-89.
- Khalil T, Akram MU, Raja H, Jameel A, Basit I. Detection of glaucoma using cup to disc ratio from spectral domain optical coherence tomography images. IEEE Access. 2018 Jan 9;6:4560-76.
- Akram MU, Akbar S, Hassan T, Khawaja SG, Yasin U, Basit I. Data on fundus images for vessels segmentation, detection of hypertensive retinopathy, diabetic retinopathy and papilledema. Data in brief. 2020 Apr 1; 29:105282.
- Akbar B, Basit I, Akram A, Zahid M. Comparison of High Intensity Accelerated Corneal Cross Linking Protocols in Treatment of Progressive Keratoconus. Pakistan Journal of Ophthalmology. 2020 Mar 17;36(2).
- Khan F, Humayun S, Basit I, Akbar B, Younis F, Ishaq M. COMPARISON OF BIOMETRIC PARAMETERS AND THE LEVEL OF AGREEMENT BETWEEN OB820 AND IOL MASTER. Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal. 2020 Jun 30;70(3):867-72.
- Younis F, Zafar O, Basit I, Jabeen F. CHANGES IN CORNEAL BIOMECHANICS AFTER REFRACTIVE SURGERY USING CORVIS ST-A QUASI EXPERIMENTAL STUDY. Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal. 2020 Jun 30; 70(3):792-96.
- Khan F, Khan S, Akram A, Basit I, Humayun S, Rabbani S. EFFICACY OF CYCLOSPORINE EYE DROPS IN TREATMENT OF MEIBOMIAN GLAND DISEASE. Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal. 2020 Aug 20;70(4):1164-69.
- Ashraf A, Masud H, Basit I, Awan MM. EFFECT OF ATROPINE EYE DROPS 0.01% ON MYOPIA PROGRESSION IN HIGH AND LOW MYOPIA IN PATIENTS VISITING ARMED FORCES INSTITUTE OF OPHTHALMOLO. Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal. 2020 Jun 29;70(3):700-04.
- Hassan T, Akram MU, Basit I. Analysis of optical coherence tomography images using deep convolutional neural network for maculopathy grading. InDiabetes and Retinopathy 2020 Jan 1 (pp. 93-108). Elsevier.