Dr. Safia Sultana Munir is Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology at Shalamar Institute of Health Sciences, Lahore. She is Fellow of the College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan in Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
Dr. Safia Sultana Munir attended medical school at King Edward Medical College, Lahore. She received her undergraduate degree from University of Punjab, Lahore.
Prior to joining Shalamar, Dr. Safia Sultana Munir was Senior registrar in Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Lady Willingdon Hospital, Lahore.
|FCPS||2001||College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan||Karachi/Pakistan|
|DGO||Jan-86||Nov-86||Postgraduate Medical Institute||Lahore/Pakistan|
|MBBS||1974||1981||King Edward Medical College, Lahore||Lahore/Pakistan|
|Senior Registrar||Apr-94||Mar-97||Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Lady Willingdon Hospital||Lahore|
|District Gynaecologist||Jun-89||Apr-94||DHQ Hospital||Sheikhupura|
|Resident WMO||Nov-86||Apr-89||Lady Willingdon Hospital||Lahore|
|Postgraduate Trainee||Jan-86||Nov-86||Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology at Postgraduate Medical Institute||Lahore|
|Demonstratorship||Nov-83||Jan-86||Department of Anatomy, King Edward Medical College||Lahore|
|Internship||Feb-83||Oct-83||Lady Willingdon Hospital||Lahore|
|Master Certificate in Hysteroscopy||2018||Conducted at Hameed Lateef Hospital by Kiel School of Gynaecologic Endoscopy, Germany||Lahore|
|Assisted Reproductive Technology Course for Clinicians||2017||Center for Reproductive Education and Specialist Training, National University Hospital||Singapore|
|Diploma in Gynaecologic Endoscopy||2017||Conducted in UAE by Kiel School of Gynaecologic Endoscopy, Germany||UAE|
|Certificate in Medical Teaching||2016||Conducted at University of Health Science in collaboration with University of Liverpool, UK||Lahore|
|ALSO International (Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics)||2015||Conducted at College of Physicians & Surgeons, Regional Centre by American Academy of Family Physicians||Lahore|
|Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS)||2012||Imparted by Board of Examiners of World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons and training was conducted at World Laparoscopic Hospital, Gurgaon||India|
|Hysteroscopy Course||2011||Conducted by UAE Health Authorites under supervision of British Society of Gynaecologic Endoscopy||UAE|
|Master Level Postgraduate Award in Assisted Reproduction Technology||2011||Warwick University||Coventry, UK|
|Certificate in Laparoscopy||2004||Birmingham Women’s Health Care, National Health Care System||UK|
|Secured Fourth Position in BISE, Lahore||1974||B, Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education||Lahore|
|Awarded Merit Scholarship by BISE, Lahore||1974||Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education||Lahore|
|Secured First Position in Fsc (Pre-Med)||1974||Government College for Women||Sheikhupura|
|Awarded Merit Certificates in three Science Subject (Biology, Physics, Chemistry)||1974||Government College for Women||Sheikhupura|
|Stood First||1972||Fatima Jinnah High School,||Sheikhupura|
|Awarded Merit certificate||1972||Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education||Lahore|
- Review Article titled“DNA cross-Links, Causitive Agents and Repairing Agents”by “Taha Nazir, Saeed Ur Rasheed Nazir, Furqan K Hashmi, Rahat Shamim, Humayun Riaz, Safia Sultana Munir, Azharul Islam”in “RADS J. Pharm. Pharm Sci” Vol 8 No 3 (2020)
- Review Article titled “Potentially Recommended Pharmacotherapy for COVID-19” by “Saeed Ur Rasheed Nazir, Taha Nazir, Misbah Sultana, Rahat Shamim, Humayun Riaz, Safia Sultana Munir, Ruqaiya Rasheed Kayani, Saba Manzoor, Azharul Islam” accepted for publication in “Altern Ther Health Med 2020 Dec 29; AT6554. Online ahead of print”.
- Original Article titled “Role of Orlistat Combined with Life Style in the Management of Obese Patients with PCOS” by “Safia Sultana Munir, Saima Jabeen, Nusrat Alvi, Dilawar Khan, Bilal Bin Younis”, in “Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences, 12: 477-480, 2018”.
- Original Article titled “Intrauterine Insemination and Predictive Factors Affecting the Outcome” by Safia Sultana Munir, Asma Gul, Shazia Ashraf, Misbah Sultana” in “Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences, 11: 751-754, 2017”.
- Original Article titled “Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and PCOS” by “Safia Sultana Munir, Tariq Jaffer, Saira Nazir, Ayesha Ilyas” in “Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences, 11: 747-750, 2017”.
- Original Article titled “Antimullerian Hormone as a Marker of Ovarian Reserve” by “Safia Sultana Munir, Misbah Sultana, Saima Jabeen, Madeeha Khalid” in “Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences, 10: 37-41, 2016”.
- Original Article titled “Heterogeneity of PCOS Clinical, Endocrinal and Ultrasound features” by “Safia Sultana Munir, Misbah Sultana, Shazia Rasul” in “Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences, 8: 114-117, 2014”.
- Original Article titled “Factors Affecting Fertility and Rationale Behind Them” by “Safia Sultana Munir, Faiza Ghafoor, Misbah Sultana” in “Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences, 7: 474-477, 2013”.
- Original Article titled “Safety of High Order Caesarean Section” by “Safia Sultana Munir, Dawood Amin, Misbah Sultana” in “Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences, 5: 54-58, 2011”.
- Original Article titled “Ovulation Induction using Laparoscopic Ovarian Drilling in Women with PCOS: Predictors of Success” by “Safia Sultana Munir, Dawood Amin, Misbah Sultana” in “Biomedica 26: 130-134, 2010”.
- Original Article titled “Evaluation of Pelvic Mass” by “Safia Sultana Munir, Misbah Sultana, Dawood Amin” in “Biomedica 26: 70-75, 2010”.
|Life Member||International Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy||Europe|
|Life Member||Society of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists of Pakistan||Pakistan|
|Life Member||AsPIRE (Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction)||Singapore|
|Life Member||World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons||India|