Dr. Uzma Sarwar is a Dermatologist at Shalamar Institute of Health Sciences. She is working as Associate Professor of Dermatology. She is a Fellow of the College of Physician & Surgeons in the subject of Dermatology. She is a dynamic dermatologist with a track record of delivering exceptional patient care in high-volume environment.
Dr. Uzma Sarwar has completed her MBBS from King Edward Medical College, Lahore and after her MBBS, she pursued for fellowship from College of Physcians& Surgeons and completed her internal medicine and later Dermatology residency in 2012 from Mayo Hospital/King Edward Medical University, Lahore.
To learn and practice the latest trends in Aesthetics, she completed her certification and later Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine from American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine, USA in 2015. She has expertise in performing all dermatological & aesthetic procedures like cryotherapy, cauterization, electrolysis, chemical peeling, phototherapy, skin biopsies, LASERS and PRP therapy. She is successfully running a LASER & Aesthetic Clinic in Shalamar Hospital with her HOD.
She is enthusiastically involved in research and publication. She has keen interest in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students. She has successfully completed all her supervisory workshops, BLS and ACLS courses and now can supervise the fellows of FCPS, MCPS and MD. Right now she is doing a certification in medical teaching ICMT from CILT which is affiliated with Shifa University, Islamabad & University of Liverpool, UK
Prior to joining Shalamar Institute of Health Sciences in September 2012, Dr. Uzma Sarwar was working as Senior registrar at Dermatology Department, Mayo hospital / King Edward Medical University, Lahore.
|FCPS (Dermatology)||2006||2012||College of Physcians& Surgeons||Pakistan|
|MBBS||1998||2003||King Edward Medical College||Pakistan|
|Associate Professor||10/2019||Till date||Shalamar Institute of Health Sciences||Lahore, Pakistan|
|Assistant Professor||09/2012||10/2019||Shalamar Institute of Health Sciences||Lahore, Pakistan|
|Senior registrar||05/2012||09/2012||Mayo Hospital, Lahore||Lahore, Pakistan|
|Resident Dermatology||06/2008||05/2012||Mayo Hospital, Lahore||Lahore, Pakistan|
|Resident Internal Medicine||11/2005||05/2008||Mayo Hospital, Lahore||Lahore, Pakistan|
|House Physician Dermatology||12/2003||05/2004||Mayo Hospital, Lahore||Lahore, Pakistan|
|House physician Internal Medicine||06/2004||11/2004||Mayo Hospital, Lahore||Lahore, Pakistan|
|International Certification in Medical Teaching ICMT||11/2020- Ongoing||CILT(Center of Integration in Learning & Teaching)affiliated with ShifaTameerMillat University, Islamabad and University of Liverpool, UK||Pakistan|
|Diploma in Aesthetics||2019||American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine AAAM, USA||Dubai, UAE|
|Certification in Aesthetics||2018||American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine AAAM, USA||Dubai, UAE|
|Training Course in Cosmetic Dermatology||2015||Mahidol University||Bangkok, Thialand|
|Training Course on face thread lift with fillers and threads||2016||CMH Medical College||Lahore, Pakistan|
- Zaib, Naqvi F, Inayat S, Yaqoob N, Tahir K, Sarwar U, Muhammad F. Cutaneous impact of surgical mask versus N 95 mask during covid-19 pandemic: Incidence of dermatological side effects and response of topical methylprednisolone aceponate (MPA) treatment to associated contact dermatitis. Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologis, 2020; 30(4): 650-655.
- Sarwar U, Rehmanur H, Rashid S, Bokhari MA.Frequency and Association of dermatological manifestations of type 2 diabetes mellitus with body mass index and HbA1c levels. Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologist, 2018; 28(2) :199-206
- Rehmanur H, Sarwar U, Majeed M, Bokhari MA. Treatment of post adolescent female Acne with spironolactone and low dose isotretinoin. Medical Forum Monthly, 2018; 29: 2-6
- Rashid S, Zaib, Sarwar U. Frequency of undiagnosed diabetes mellitus in patients with onychomycosis. Pakistan journal of medical & health sciences, 2017;11: 755-56
- Rehmanur H, Sarwar U, Majeed M. Efficacy of low dose isotretinoin (20mg) for treatment of mild to moderate acne vulgaris. Medical Forum Monthly, 2014; 25:83-87
- Sarwar U, Asad F, Rani Z, Khurshid K, Pal SS. Frequency of allergic contact dermatitis in patients with hand eczema with European standard and corticosteroid series. Journal of Pakistan Association of Dermatologist, 2013; 23: 289-94.
- Rani Z, Tufail F, Asad F, Khursheed K, Sarwar U, Pal SS. Frequency of allergic contact dermatitis in patients with chronic eczema. ANNALS of KEMU, 2010; 16: 55-8.
|Fellow CPSP||2012||Life time||CPSP||Pakistan|
|Member College Mentor Committee||2019||Till date||SMDC||Lahore, Pakistan|
|Member College Post Graduate Training Committee||2019||Tilldate||SMDC||Lahore, Pakistan|