Prof. Dr. Fozia Umber Qureshi
Head of Department
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Date of Joining: 01/08/2012
Dr. Fozia Umber Qureshi is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Shalamar Institute of Health Sciences. She is Fellow of College of Physicians and Surgeon Pakistan (CPSP) and Associate of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG), London.
Prof. Dr. Fozia Umber Qureshi attended medical school at Fatima Jinnah Medical College and completed her internship at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and Mayo Hospital Lahore in 1994. She completed her residency at Lady Willingdon Hospital affiliated with King Edward Medical University, Lahore and received her post graduate degree from CPSP in 2002.
Prior to joining Shalamar, Dr. Fozia worked at the position of Senior Registrar in Lady Willingdon Hospital till 2010. She joined Rashid Latif Medical College and Arif Memorial Hospital Lahore as Assistant Professor in 2011 where was promoted to Associate Professor in 2012.
She Joined Shalamar Medical & Dental College in 2012 as Associate Professor and was promoted to Professor in 2015. She was nominated as Head of Department in 2017. She is also practicing privately at Shalamar Hospital evening Private clinics since 2015.
Prof Fozia is CPSP registered supervisor for postgraduate training for FCPS, MCPS Obstetrics and Gynaecology. She is an appointed Examiner for FCPS, MCPS and DGO and MS Obs/Gynae Exams conducted by CPSP and UHS (University of Health Sciences). She teaches SMDC undergraduates the subject of Obs/Gynae and is an Internal & External Examiner for MBBS program. She is also serving as advisor to Punjab Public Service Commission and Punjab Healthcare commission as subject specialist.
- Maternal and Fetal Outcome in pregnancies affected by Hepatitis E virus- A case Series: Fozia Umber Qureshi, Saima Jabeen, Wajiha Alvi; PJMHS Vol 14(4): 1014-1017;2020
- Frequency of Cesarean Delivery on maternal request in a private teaching Hospital: Fozia Umber Qureshi, Saima Jabeen, Wajiha Alvi; Journal of Rawalpindi Medical College (JRMC) 2020; 24(2):139-143, APR-JUN 2020
- Relationship of Patterns of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding with Underlying Pathology: Qureshi F U, Sohail S, Ahmed M T; JRMC Vol 22(4), Oct-Dec 2018
- Effect of prior uterine artery Ligation during Abdominal Hysterectomy: Sohail. S, Qureshi F U, Dar L R; PJMHS Vol.12, 605-6, APR-JUN 2018
- Work Place Based Assessment of Professionalism In Junior Doctors Working in Obstetrics And Gynaecolocy: Sohail S, Dar L R, Qureshi F U; Biomedica Vol.33, issue 1, 54-57,Jan-Mar., 2017
- Resident doctors’ attitude and perception about antibiotics usage, and resistance in a tertiary care Hospital, in Lahore: R Z Ahmad, N Hameed, F U Qureshi, R Arshad, A hanif; JFJMC Vol.8 No.4, 15-18, Oct-Dec 2014
- Distribution of causes of abnormal uterine bleeding using new FIGO classification system. Published in August 2013 in JPMA (Journal of Pakistan Medical Association).
- Tuberculosis of cervix-a rare clinical entity. International journal of Pathology 10(1) Jan-Jun, 2012
- Intravenous amino acids in unexplained oligohydramnios. Annals of KEMU Apr-Jun 2011
- Labour induction at term: Oral vs vaginal Mislprostol. Annals of KEMU Jan-mar 2007
- Assessment of tubal patency in infertile women. Can HyCoSy be performed in place of hysterosalpingography? Annals of KEMU Oct-Dec 2006
- Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding. Association with Bilateral tubal Ligation? Annals of KEMU Oct-Dec 2006