Dr. Usman Sarwar
FCPS , AO Trauma Fellow(Belgium)
Consultant & Assistant Professor Trauma and Orthopedics
Shalamar Institute of Health Sciences, Lahore
Department of Orthopedics and Reconstructive Surgery
About Dr. Usman Sarwar
Dr. M. Usman Sarwar is an Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at an unspecified institution. He obtained his medical degree from Hamdard University in Karachi. Following his degree, he completed a one-year internship at Mayo Hospital in Lahore, affiliated with King Edward Medical University.
Dr. Usman Sarwar then pursued a two-year residency in general surgery at Aga Khan University in Karachi, followed by a four-year residency in orthopaedic surgery at the same institution. After completing his residency, he furthered his training by undertaking an AO Trauma Fellowship at KU Leuven University Hospital in Belgium. Additionally, he completed the AO Trauma Master Course in Switzerland.
Dr. M. Usman Sarwar joined Shalamar Hospital as a senior registrar and was later promoted to the position of Assistant Professor. As an Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, he likely contributes to the teaching and training of medical students and residents while also providing patient care and conducting research in his field.
- Assistant Professor of Orthopedics, Shalamar Medical & Dental College, Lahore
- AO International Faculty member
Dr. Usman Sarwar is a dedicated trauma surgeon specializing in the treatment of various musculoskeletal traumas. With his expertise in the field, he manages a wide range of injuries related to bones, joints, and soft tissues. Dr. Usman Sarwar has a particular focus on arthroscopy, which involves minimally invasive procedures such as arthroscopic ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) reconstruction and meniscus repair. Through his specialized knowledge and skills, he aims to provide effective and advanced care to his patients, helping them recover and regain optimal musculoskeletal function.
Dr Usman is involved in the postgraduate level research work for the residents,
1997-2003 MBBS, HAMDARD UNIVERSITY
2004 SURGICAL house job from Mayo Hospital, Lahore.
2004-2006 General Surgery residency from Aga Khan University, Karachi
2006-+2010 Orthopaedic residency from Aga Khan University, Karachi.
2012 AO Trauma Fellowship from KU Leuven Hospital, Belgium
- 2011 FCPS (Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery )
- • AO Trauma member
- Elected member of CDC committee AO Trauma Middle East and Northern Africa.
- Attended – Annual Conference of Pakistan Association of plastic surgery, in 2015-2019,2022,2023 presented paper in 2017 conference, have won 3rd prize in poster presentation in 2022 conference.
- Presented paper & achieved best presenter award in 14th Annual Meeting of Pakistan Society of hand surgery, December,9-10th 2017.
2008 AO TRAUMA, Davos, Switzerland.
1. Manzoor I, Sarwar M, Saleem M, Ali M, Rabbani S, Ishtiaq M. A Comparative Study of Displaced Distal Radius Fracture Treated With K Wire Vs Volar Locking Plate Fixation. 2019;13(2). Accessed June 17, 2023. https://pjmhsonline.com/2019/april_june/pdf/323.pdf
2. Manzoor I, Manzoor A, Sarwar U, Hassan S, Ashraf U, Bari E. Relation of Geriatric Depression in People Living in Old Age Homes with Incidence of Generalized Fibromyalgia. Accessed June 17, 2023. https://pjmhsonline.com/2020/oct_dec/886.pdf
3. Saif, Saba. (2022). Correlation of clinical manifestation of lumbar disc prolapse with magnetic resonance imaging findings among adult patients. Journal of University Medical & Dental College. 13. 764. 10.37723/jumdc.v13i4.764.
4. Ali M, Saleem M, Sarwar M, Hafeez Z, Younas A, Ishtiaq M. Outcome of Distal Tibial Fractures fixed with Precontoured Periarticular Locking Plates using MIPO Technique: a case series of 60 patients. 2019;13(2). Accessed June 17, 2023. https://pjmhsonline.com/2019/april_june/pdf/301.pdf
5. A prospective comparative study of Proximal Femoral Nailing Anti-rotation (PFNA) and Sliding Hip Screw (SHS) for Per-trochanteric Femur Fracture | Journal of Rawalpindi Medical College. journalrmccom. Published online February 20, 2023. Accessed June 17, 2023. https://journalrmc.com/index.php/JRMC/article/view/1392
6. Saleem M, Ali M, Manzoor I. Role of Arthroscopy in Early Management and Diagnosis of Knee Pain. 2018;12(3). https://www.pjmhsonline.com/2018/july_sep/pdf/1167.pdf
7. Sarwar MU, Arshad U, Qureshi SN, et al. Impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic on Medical Education among Students of Lahore, Pakistan: Medical Students’ Knowledge, Attitudes, and Response Regarding Online Learning. Pakistan Journal of Medical and Health Sciences. 2022;16(9):155-158. doi:https://doi.org/10.53350/pjmhs22169155
8. Sadia Sheraz, M Usman Sarwar, Hafiz Salman Saeed, Manqoos-Ur-Rehman, Imran Manzoor, Naeem Abbas. To study the effects of knee osteoarthritis on hip flexibility among elders. The Professional Medical Journal. 2022;29(08):1282-1288. doi:https://doi.org/10.29309/tpmj/2022.29.08.7188
9. Hafiz Salman Saeed, Basharat Manzoor, Sumair Qureshi, M. Usman Sarwar, Nusrat Rasheed, Imran Manzoor. Comparison of efficacy of intra articular steroid injection versus manipulation under anesthesia (MUA) in idiopathic frozen Shoulder. The Professional Medical Journal. 2022;29(07):920-924. doi:https://doi.org/10.29309/tpmj/2022.29.07.6945
10. Yalnaz, Ushna & Sarwar, Usman & Quresh, Sumair & Saeed, Hafiz & Manzoor, Imran & Rasheed, Nusrat. (2022). Effectiveness of Wobble Board Exercises on Dynamic Balance among Undergraduate Students. Journal of University Medical & Dental College. 13. 391-395. 10.37723/jumdc.v13i2.737.
11. Hafiz Salman Saeed, Basharat Manzoor, M. Usman Sarwar, Nusrat Rasheed, Imran Manzoor, Muhammad Omer Imran Elahi. Treatment of club foot with serial casting by ponsetti technique. The Professional Medical Journal. 2022;29(06):802-806. doi:https://doi.org/10.29309/tpmj/2022.29.06.6944
12. Rasheed N, Karimi S, Sarwar MU, Askari R, Akhund MA, Manzoor I. Musculoskeletal Problems in Pregnancy. Pakistan Journal of Medical and Health Sciences. 2021;15(8):2483-2486. doi:https://doi.org/10.53350/pjmhs211582483
13. Rasheed N, Sarwar U, Karimi S, Kumar , Askari R, Malik O. Clinical practice in hospital during Covid-19 era; an experience of orthopedic surgeons. RMJ. 2021; 46(4): 783-786.
14. Wajid MA, Sarwar MU, Ali M. Outcome Analysis of Hip Arthroscopy. Journal of Pakistan Orthopaedic Association. 2013;25(3):20-22. Accessed June 22, 2023. http://mail.jpoa.org.pk/index.php/upload/article/view/144
15. Wajid MA, Sarwar MU. Outcome of Mid 1/3rd Clavicular Fracture After Open Reduction and Internal Fixation. Journal of Pakistan Orthopaedic Association,2014; 26(1), 4. Retrieved from http://www.jpoa.org.pk/index.php/upload/article/view/129
16. Rashid RH, Sarwar MU, Akhtar J, Noordin S. Glenohumeral tuberculous arthritis complicated with beta haemolytic streptococcus: An extraordinary rare association: A case report. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2012;3(5):164-166. doi:10.1016/j.ijscr.2011.09.008