Professor Dr. Muhammad Saleem is a Orthopedic Surgeon at Shalamar Hospital and he is also Head of Department of Trauma and Orthopedics Shalamar Medical College, Lahore. He has done Diplomat Intercollegiate Board in Trauma and Orthopedics Surgery (FRCS Trauma and Orth) in 1999 from U.K. He has also passed his FRCS in 1993 from Royal College of Physician and Surgeon of Glasgow (UK).
He attended medical school at Nishtar Medical College, Multan and completed his MBBS in 1987. He went to Ireland and England for his Postgraduate training in Trauma and Orthopedics Surgery. He worked 3 years in well reputed hospital in Ireland and passed his FRCS exam. Then did his 5 years residency in London, Stanmore under supervision of Prof. George Bentely and worked in the state of the art teaching Hospital like great Ormond Street, Royal Free, North Middle Sex, Lister, Basildon, Orsett, Old Church and Whittington Hospital. He worked as a locum consultant Orthopedic surgeon in Old church Hospital in London before joining Shalamar Hospital. He joined Shalamar Hospital as a consultant Orthopedic Surgeon in April 2000 and since then he has been working with the excellent performance and dedication.
His areas of interest are Paedriatic Orthopedics with the special interest in managing the feet deformities both congenital and acquired of all age group. He also does adult orthopedics Arthroscopy surgery, Joint replacement surgery, Ilizarov surgery and providing latest Trauma care for the fracture treatment including non-unions as being Shalamar Hospital a AO Trauma Centre and conducting every year AO International Courses from the last 9 years.
|Diplomat Intercollegiate Board in Trauma and Orthopedics Surgery||1999||The Royal College of Physician and Surgeon of Glasgow, UK||U.K|
|AO Trauma Fellowship||1998||University of Freiburg||Germany|
|Fellowship FRCS||1993||The Royal College physician and Surgeons of Glasgow, U.K||U.K|
|M.B.,B.S||1987||Nishtar Medical College||Multan|
|SpR Trauma & Orthopedics||From 1/1/1998||To 31/12/1999||Old Church Hospital, Rumford, Basildon and Orset Hospital.||London, U.K|
|SpR Trauma & Orthopedics||1/7/1996||31/12/1997||Great Ormond Street, Whittington and The Royal Free Hospital||London. U.K.|
|SpR Trauma & Orthopedics||1/8/1994||30/06/1996||Lister Hospital, North Middle Sex Hospital and Royal Free Hospital||London. U.K.|
|SHO in Orthopedics / Surgery||21/9/1990||30/6/1994||Meath Hospital, Wexford General, Cork Regional & St. Mary’s. Ealing Hospital||Ireland & London|
|AO Foundation FEP (Faculty Education Program)||02/2018||04/2018||AO Trauma Middle East||Dubai|
|ATLS||02/1996||Royal Free Hospital, London||U.K.|
|AO / ASIF- BASIC COURSE||07/1994||Royal College of Surgeons of England||England|
|BASIC TECHNIQUES IN ARTHROSCOPIC SURGERY||04/1995||The Royal College of Surgeons of England||England|
|FOUNDATION COURSE ON LOCKING NAILING||25/10/1995||The Royal College of Surgeons of England||England|
|BASIC ILIZAROV METHOD COURSE FOR SURGEONS||10/1995||Lakeside Hotel, Windermere||England|
|EXTENAL FIXATION IN TRAUMA AND ORTHOPEEDIC||05/1996||The Royal College Surgeons of England||England|
|AO ADVANCE COURSE||12/1996||Davos||Switzerland|
|MANAGEMENT OF SPORTS INJURIES||05/1997||The Royal college of Surgeons of England||England|
|THE STANMORE HIP REPLACEMENT SYSTEM / WORKSHOP||06/1997||ROH, Stanmore||London|
|DEBATE ABOUT HIP REPLACEMENT / WORKSHOP||11/1997||Southmead Hospital, Bristol||England|
|BASIC SCIENCES COURSE IN ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY||09/1998||RNOH. Stanmore||England|
|TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT COURSE/ WORKSHOP||03/2001||The Doctors Hospital||Lahore|
|HANDS ON SAW BONE WORKSHOP/LIVE SURGERY OF PRIMARY & REVISION TKR||23/04/2014||Ghurki Trust Teaching Hospital||Lahore|
|AO PEER Course- Principal of Clinical Research / Teacher Seminar||28-29/07/2018||SMDC||Lahore|
- Use of Ilizarov method on tibial bone in Children. January, 2001 Vol. 12 No. 1 ( Supplement) by Saleem, R. Hill JPOA
- Bone Graft Substitutes (Review Article) Review of current technology and application. January, 2001 Vol. 12 No. 1 ( Supplement) by Tariq Sohail, Saleem, Zahid M. Akhtar & Aamir Ayaz Siddiqui JPOA
- Paraplegia in a Hemophilic Pt. as a result of Carries spine. Feb 2001 Vol. 13, No. 1 by M. Saleem, Tariq Sohail, JPOA
- Interlocked Intramedullary Nailing Experience of Shalamar Hospital. Aug. 2001 13, No. 2 by M. Saleem, Shakaeel Durani, JPOA
- Where does the Ambulance service stand in Lahore for Trauma Victims 2002 Vol. 14 No.1 by Muhammad Saleem, Mubashar Sherazi, JPOA
- Comparative Ambient and indoor particulate matter analysis of operation theatres of Government and Private (Trust) Hospitals of Lahore, Pakistan. The Journal of Animals and Plants Sciences, 25 (3 supp. 2) 2015 special issue page: 628-635, ISSN: 1018-7081 A. Nimra1, Z. Ali1, M.N. Khan1, T. Gulshan1, S. Sidra2, J.R. Gardez3, R. Tarar4, M. Saleem4 Z.A. Nasir5, and I. Colbeck6
- Role of Arthroscopy in early management and diagnosis of Knee Pain. Vol, 12, Jul. – Sept, 2018 (1167-1169) ISSN 1996- 7195 Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences. M. Saleem, M. Ali, Imran Manzoor, Usman Sarwar & Shaukat Rabbani
- Comparison between water resistance padding and synthetic cotton padding, regarding patient comfort level under the cast for fractures. P J M H S Vol, 12, Jul. – Sept, 2018 (1170-1172) ISSN 1996- 7195 Pakistan Journal of Medical & Health Sciences.
- Outcome of Distal tibial Fractures fixed with Precountoured Periarticular Locking Plates using MIPO Technique: a case of 60 patients P J M H S Vol. 13, April – June 2019 (301-303) ISSN 1996- 7195 Muhammad Ali, Muhammad Saleem, Muhammad Usman Sarwar, Zahid Hafeez, Aleena Younas, Muhammad Ishtiaq
- A Comparative Study of Displaced Distal Radius Fracture Treated With K Wire Vs Volar Locking Plate Fixation. P J M H S Vol 13, No. 2, April – June 2019, 323-326 Imran Manzoor, Muhammad Usman Sarwar, Muhammad Saleem, Muhammad Ali, Shaukat Rabbani, Muhammad Ishtiaq
- Radiological and Clinical Outcome of Volar Barton Distal Radius Fractures Treated by Variable Angle Volar Locking Plates (Chinese Version) Journal of Rawalpindi Medical College (JRMC); 2019; 23(1): 51-54 Muhammad Ali, Zahid Hafeez, Manqoosh Ur Rehman, Shaukat Rabbani, Muhammad Saleem
- A prospective comparative study of PFN and SHS for Per-trochanteric Femur Fracture Journal of Rawalpindi Medical College (JRMC); 2020; 24(2) 156-160 Amer Khan, Muhammad Ali, Ayesha Tahir, Muhammad Saleem, Usman Sarwar, Imran Manzoor.
|PMDC||1987||Till date||Pakistan Medical & Dental Council||Islamabad, Pakistan|
|GMC||1994||Till date||British General Medical Council||U.K.|
|AO Trauma membership||2012||Till date||AO Trauma International||Switzerland|