Dr Farooq Hameed
M.B.B.S. , MS Urology,
Associate Professor of Urology
Department of Urology and Endo-Urology
About Dr. Farooq Hameed
Dr Farooq Hameed, an experienced Urologist with over 32 years of post-fellowship expertise, is dedicated to advancing research and development in the field of urology. With a strong focus on urethral/ureteric strictures and endoscopic stone/laser surgeries, his aim is to continue pushing the boundaries of urological treatments. Dr Farooq obtained his Master of Surgery Degree from the University of the Punjab in 1991, and since then, he has held various positions as a Consultant Urologist at esteemed institutions such as Shalamar Teaching Hospital, Hijaz Hospital, Punjab Medical Center, and Mansoora Hospital in Lahore, Pakistan.
His notable accomplishments include pioneering the “Bacon Guided Internal Urethrotomy” and performing the first “Endoscopic Urethroplasty using free skin graft.” Farooq’s extensive research work has been presented at international conferences and published in renowned journals. Dr. Farooq Hameed is an active member of professional organizations, including the Society of Surgeons of Pakistan and the Pakistan Association of Urological Surgeons. With a passion for innovation and patient care, Farooq Hameed continues to make significant contributions to the field of urology.
- Consultant Urologist
- Associate Professor, Department of Urology, Shalamar Medical and Dental College, Lahore
• Endo-urology, PCNL, Laser Assisted Procedures
• Routine Urological Procedures
- Dr Farooq has interest in basic research in the field of Urology.
- Consultant Urologist, May 1999 – to date -Shalamar Teaching Hospital
- Consultant Urologist, June 1997 – May 1999 -Hijaz Hospital
- Consultant Urologist Sept. 1992 – May 1999 Punjab Medical Center
- Consultant Urologist Dec. 1991 – June 1997 Mansoora Hospital
- Urologist (Specialist) July 1991 – Dec 1991 Mansoora Hospital
- Postgraduate student (Urology), Jan. 1983 – June 1991 Post Graduate Medical Institute, Lahore, PK
- Resident Medical officer (Gen. Surgery), Jun 1980 – Oct 1981 Lahore General Hospital Lahore, PK
- Internee, Aug 1979 – Jun1980 United Christian Hospital Lahore, PK
1983 – 1991 Post Graduate Medical Institute, M.S. Urology
1973 – 1979 Nishtar Medical College, MBBS
• Endoscopic Urethroplasty Employing partial Thickness Skin Grafting under Direct Vision without External Fixation
• 15th World Congress of Endourology August 31- September 4 1997 Edinburgh UK
• 2nd International Symposium on Urology, Nephrology and Transplantation. March 20 – 23 1996.Karachi, Pakistan.
• National Surgical Conference March 08, 1996 Faisalabad, Pakistan.
• 3rd Biennial National Conference on Nephrology and Urology. April 6-7, 1995 Quetta, Pakistan.
• Endoscopic Urethroplasty employing partial Thickness Skin Grafting under Direct Vision without External Fixation
• 3rd International Congress of the Nephrology Urology and Transplantation Society of SAARC Countries 18th –21st February 1999 Colombo, Sri Lanka
• 3rd International Symposium on Urology, Nephrology and Transplantation of SIUT. 16th – 18th, November 1998. Karachi, Pakistan.
• “Beacon Guided Internal Urethrotomy: A Leap forward in the Management of Obliterated Posterior Urethral Strictures.
• 2nd International Symposium on Urology, Nephrology and Transplantation. March 20 – 23 1996. Karachi, Pakistan.
• Nephro – Urology Conference. Nov. 8-9 1995 Lahore, Pakistan
• “Jaffh: A New Penile compression Device.” Nephro – Urology Conference. Nov. 6 – 8 1996 Lahore, Pakistan
• Acute Unilateral and Bilateral Ureteric Obstruction in Dogs. Urinary (Na) and (K) Handling.
• 6th Asian Colloquium in Nephrology. Nov. 14- 17, 1985. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
• Urinary Sodium and Potassium Handling Following Acute Bilateral Ureteric Obstruction
• 2nd Annual Meeting, Medical Research Society of Pakistan. Dec.5, 1986 Karachi, Pakistan.
• Urinary Calcium Handling an Experimental Study
• 3rd Annual Meeting, Medical Research Society of Pakistan. Dec.24, 1987 Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
• Hameed, F., Aziz, J., Rehman, H. U., Amin, H., Ali, K., Abul, F., & Qureshi, A. (1997). Endoscopic Urethroplasty Employing Partial Thickness Skin Grafting Under Direct Vision Without External Fixation. JOURNAL OF ENDOUROLOGY, 11, P5-4.
• The Society of Surgeons of Pakistan
• Medical Research Society of Pakistan
• Pakistan Association of Urological Surgeons
1. Hameed F, Anwaar A. The three-glass test yields excellent results for diagnosis of chronic bacterial prostatitis: Study from a Pakistani tertiary care hospital. Journal of Clinical Urology. 2023;0(0). doi:10.1177/20514158231155046
2. Anees M, Hameed F, Mumtaz A, Ibrahim M, Saeed Khan MN. Dialysis-related factors affecting quality of life in patients on hemodialysis. Iran J Kidney Dis. 2011;5(1):9-14.
3.Hameed F, Aziz J, Qureshi A. Endoscopic urethroplasty under direct vision without external fixation with a free partial/full thickness skin graft in children.” The Journal of Urology, 179(4S), 387. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-5347(08)61133-7
4. Akhtar MS, Hameed F, Akhtar FK. Ureteroscopy: Its diagnostic value. Annals of King Edward Medical University. 2000;6(3). doi:https://doi.org/10.21649/akemu.v6i3.2109
5. Uretroscopy: New Therapeutic indications. Vol.16 P 66-70. Jul.-Dec. 2000 Biomedica.
6. Endoscopic Urethroplasty with a Free Full Thickness Skin, Graft. S206, P20-583, Vol 10, Supp 1, Nov1996. J Endo Urol.
7. Beacon Guided Internal Urethrotomy: A Leap forward in the Management of Obliterated Posterior Urethral Strictures. S206, P20-581, Vol 10, Supp 1, Nov 1996. J Endo Urol.
8. Functional change following acute bilateral ureteric obstruction in dogs. Thesis for M. S. (Urology) 1987, the University of the Punjab.