Dr. Abubaker Shahid
FCPS,Fellow Liver Transplantation and HPB Surgery
Departmentof Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology and Hepatobiliary Surgery
About Dr. Tatheer Abbas
Dr. Tatheer Abbas is a distinguished medical professional, recognized for expertise in the field of Liver Transplantation and Hepatopancreatobiliary (HPB) Surgery. With a commitment to advancing the frontiers of medical science, Dr. Abbas has dedicated years to the study and practice of complex surgical procedures related to liver transplantation and HPB surgery. His profound knowledge and clinical acumen have made him a trusted specialist in the field, with a focus on providing exceptional care to patients suffering from liver and HPB-related conditions. Dr. Abbas’s contributions extend beyond the operating room, as he is actively engaged in research, education, and the dissemination of medical knowledge, shaping the future of liver transplantation and HPB surgery. His dedication to improving patient outcomes and his outstanding proficiency in this specialized field have earned him a well-deserved reputation.
Consultant Hepatobiliary & Liver Transplant Surgery
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Shalamar Institute of Health Sciences, Lahore
Dr. Tatheer Abbas, as a distinguished Fellow specializing in Liver Transplantation and Hepatopancreatobiliary (HPB) Surgery, offers a comprehensive range of clinical services and brings a wealth of expertise and interests to his practice. His clinical services encompass the entire spectrum of liver transplantation, including living donor and deceased donor transplantations, and complex surgeries related to HPB disorders, such as pancreatic and liver resections, biliary reconstructions, and minimally invasive techniques. Dr. Abbas’s clinical interests extend to the management of liver and biliary cancers, portal hypertension, and the treatment of benign and malignant HPB diseases.
Dr. Tatheer Abbas is a Fellow specializing in Liver Transplantation and Hepatopancreatobiliary (HPB) Surgery with a keen research interest in various aspects of surgical techniques and patient outcomes.
- Fellowship in Liver Transplantation and HPB From Shifa International Hospital Islamabad
- Fellow College of Physician and Surgeon Pakistan (General Surgery) from College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan
- Medicine Bachelors and Bachelors of Surgery from Bolan Medical college Quetta Pakistan
- House job in Surgery full time residential from 26th Oct 2010 to 25th may 2011 (7 months) in IIMCT Railway Hospital, Rawalpindi.
- House job in Medicine full time residential from 26th may to 25th Nov 2011 (6months) IIMCT Railway Hospital, Rawalpindi.
- Worked as Post graduate trainee FCPS Surgery in IIMCT Railway Hospital, Rawalpindi from 1st July 2012 to 15th April 2013 and also involved in teaching undergraduate medical students through different teaching programs.
- Worked as Post graduate trainee FCPS Surgery in Postgraduate Medical Institute/ Lady Reading hospital, Peshawar from 16th April 2013 to 30th Dec 2013.
- Worked in Thoracic surgery from 1st Jan 2014 to 31 Jan 2014 as post graduate trainee in Postgraduate Medical Institute/Lady Reading Hospital Peshawar.
- Worked in Paediatric surgery from 1st Feb 2014 to 28 Feb 2014 as post graduate trainee in PGMI/ Lady Reading Hospital Peshawar.
- Worked in Orthopaedics surgery from 1st March 2014 to 31 May 2014 (3months) as postgraduate trainee in Ayub Teaching Hospital Abbotabad
- Worked in Neurosurgery from 1st June 2014 to 30th June 2014 as postgraduate trainee in Ayub Teaching Hospital Abbotabad.
- Worked in General surgery from 1st july 2014 to 30th june 2016 as a postgraduate trainee in Lady Reading Hospital Peshawar
- Worked as Senior Medical Officer from 14th july 2016 to 28th feb 2017 in Hepatobilliary and Liver Transplant Department Shifa International Hospital
- Worked as Medical Officer in Margalla Hospital Taxilla from 1st march 2017 till 7th Oct 2018
- Worked as Senior Registrar in General Surgery and HPB Unit Akbar Niazi Teaching Hospital IMDC Islamabad 18th Jan 2019 to 29th Feb 2020.
- Recently finished Fellow in Liver Transplantation and HPB Shifa International Hospital Islamabad from 28th Oct 2020 till 27th Oct 2023.
- Comparison of mean pain score using topical and oral metronidazole in post Milligan Morgan hemorrhoidectomy patient; A randomized controlled trial. ST Abbas, A Raza, IM Ch, T Hameed, N Hasham, N Arshad, Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences 36 (5), 867
- Comparison of topical non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and oil of evening primrose in management of mastalgias; A randomized controlled trial. N Hasham, A Raza, T Hameed, N Arshad, ST Abbas, A Hai, The Professional Medical Journal 27 (10), 2062-2066
- Comparison of harmonic scalpel versus Milligan Morgan technique in haemorrhoidectomy patients , M Ahmad, ST Abbas, A Javaid, N Arshad, F Shair, Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association.