Dr Muhammad Ali
MBBS, MCPS, FCPS (Orthopedics)
Consultant & Associate Professor Trauma and Orthopedics
Shalamar Institute of Health Sciences, Lahore
Department of Orthopedics and Reconstructive Surgery
About Dr. Muhammad Ali
Dr. Muhammad Ali is a Clinical Associate Professor of Orthopedics, Joint Replacement, and Trauma at Shalamar Medical and Dental College and Teaching Hospital in Pakistan. He graduated from Nishtar Medical University Multan in 2002 and completed his internship and general surgery residency at the same institution.
Following his residency, Dr. Muhammad Ali pursued his orthopedic and trauma residency at Aga Khan University Hospital. After successfully completing his residency and passing the FCPS (Fellowship of College of Physicians and Surgeons) board examination in Trauma and Orthopedic surgery, he joined Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre (SKMCH & RC) in Lahore, Pakistan. At SKMCH & RC, he completed a fellowship in joint replacement, specializing in total knee replacements, total hip replacements, and tumor surgery. To further enhance his expertise, Dr. Muhammad Ali traveled to Italy for training in limb lengthening and Ilizarov surgery at Alessandro Manzoni Hospital in Lecco. Additionally, he completed a fellowship in complex trauma at University Hospital Gasthuisberg in Leuven, Belgium.
Prior to joining Shalamar Hospital, Dr. Muhammad Ali worked as a Consultant Trauma and Orthopedic at Punjab Social Security Hospital in Lahore, Pakistan. He is actively involved in professional organizations and has served on various national and institutional committees. He has been a member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan (CPSP) since 2007 and became a fellow of CPSP in 2011. With his extensive training and experience, Dr. Muhammad Ali brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise in the field of orthopedics, particularly in joint replacement and trauma surgery. He plays a vital role in teaching and training the next generation of medical professionals at Shalamar Medical and Dental College and contributes to the advancement of orthopedic care in Pakistan
- Associate Professor of Orthopedics, Shalamar Medical & Dental College, Lahore
- AO International Faculty member
- Joint Replacements (Total Knee Replacements, Total Hip Replacements).
- Arthoscopic surgery (ACL Reconstructions, Menisectomies, Arthoscopic washouts and biopsy)
- Complex Trauma.
- General Orthopedics
Dr Ali is involved in the postgraduate level research work for the residents,
2002 Nishtar Medical University. Multan Pakistan MBBS.
2018 Arthopalsty Rotation, Department of
Orthopaedic and Arthopalsty , QEII Health Sciences Medical center in Halifax, Novasocotia, Canada.
2012 Fellow in Complex trauma University Hospital Gasthuisberg (Leuven, Belgium)
2012 Fellowship in limb lengthening and Ilizarov surgery(Alessandro Manzoni Hospital,Lecco, Italy)
2011-2013 Clinical Fellow in Joint Replacement (Hips and Knees )and Musculoskeletal Tumour surgery Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre ,Lahore, Pakistan
2005-2010 Resident Orthopadic and Trauma Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
2004-2005 Resident General Surgery, Nishtar Medical University Multan, Pakistan.
2002-2003 Intern, General Surgery, and Medicine Nishtar Medical university Multan ,Pakistan
- 2007 MCPS(General Surgery )
- 2011 FCPS (Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery )
- 2003 Pakistan Medical and Dental Association Pakistan (PMDC)
• Residency Coordinator, Department of Orthopaedic surgery Shalamar Medical and Dental College, Lahore, Pakistan.
• Other Appointments/Responsibilities
• Conducted many AO Trauma courses as a faculty both at National and International level.
• Faculty AO Trauma(Both National and International)
• AO Trauma Chairperson Training Program (Dubai, UAE)
• AO Trauma Faculty Education Program (Dubai,UAE)
• Institutional Committee Activities
• Member, IRB Committee Shalamar Medical and Dental College Lahore.
- 2022 Young Arthoplasty Surgeon Award Pakistan Knee Arthoplasty Society.
- 2016 European Knee Society (EKS)
- 2016 European Hip Society(EHS)
- 2015 American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- 2008 AO TRAUMA, Davos, Switzerland.
- 2016 European Knee Arthoplasty society(EHS)
- 2016 European Hip Arthoplasty society (EHS)
- 2015 American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
1. Khan AM, Zafir MB ud din, Chishti MK, et al. Role of Ilizarov Fixator in Non Union Humeral Shaft Fractures. Journal of Pakistan Orthopaedic Association. 2022;34(02):65-68. Accessed June 22, 2023. https://www.jpoa.org.pk/index.php/upload/article/view/604
2. Ali M, Jamil F, Azhar MH, Javed MT. Efficacy of percutaneous release of trigger digits using 18-gauge hypodermic needle. Rawal Medical Journal. 2021;46(4):894-894. Accessed June 22, 2023. https://www.rmj.org.pk/?mno=132996
3. Ali M, Khan AM, Azhar MH, Javed MT, Saleem M, Hafeez Z. Outcome of minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis using locking compression plate in long bone fractures. J Pak Med Assoc. 2021;71(Suppl 5)(8):S64-S69.
4. Khan, A., Ali, M., Tahir, A., Saleem, M., Sarwar, U., & Manzoor, I. (2020). A prospective comparative study of Proximal Femoral Nailing Anti-rotation (PFNA) and Sliding Hip Screw (SHS) for Per-trochanteric Femur Fracture. Journal of Rawalpindi Medical College, 24(2), 156–160. https://doi.org/10.37939/jrmc.v24i2.1392
5. 1.Manzoor I, Sarwar M, Saleem M, Ali M, Rabbani S, Ishtiaq M. A Comparative Study of Displaced Distal Radius Fracture Treated With K Wire Vs Volar Locking Plate Fixation. 2019;13(2). https://pjmhsonline.com/2019/april_june/pdf/323.pdf
6. 1.Ali M, Saleem M, Sarwar M, Hafeez Z, Younas A, Ishtiaq M. Outcome of Distal Tibial Fractures fixed with Precontoured Periarticular Locking Plates using MIPO Technique: a case series of 60 patients. 2019;13(2). https://pjmhsonline.com/2019/april_june/pdf/301.pdf
7. Radiological and Clinical Outcome of Volar Barton Distal Radius Fractures Treated by Variable Angle Volar Locking- Plates (Chinese Version) | Journal of Rawalpindi Medical College. wwwjournalrmccom. Published online January 14, 2023. Accessed June 22, 2023. https://www.journalrmc.com/index.php/JRMC/article/view/1093/610
8. 1.Saleem M, Ali M, Manzoor I. Role of Arthroscopy in Early Management and Diagnosis of Knee Pain. 2018;12(3). Accessed June 22, 2023. https://www.pjmhsonline.com/2018/july_sep/pdf/1167.pdf
9. Parosteal Lipoma of the Forearm: A Case Report. Archives of Orthopedics and Rheumatology 2018;1(1), 17-21
10. Ali, M, Wajid, M. A., & Zafar, M. Locked Neglected Posterior Shoulder Dislocation-Outcome.
11. Ali M, Osteopoikilosis: an Incidental Finding in a Patient with Olecranon Fracture. MOJ Orthopedics & Rheumatology. 2017;Volume 7(Issue 6). doi:https://doi.org/10.15406/mojor.2017.07.00294
12. Ali M, Wajid MA. Early results of three and four part proximal humerus fractures treated with PHILOS (Proximal Humerus Interlocking System) plate. MOJ Orthop Rheumatol. 2014;1(3):58-61. DOI: 10.15406/mojor.2014.01.00016
13. SARWAR MU, ALI M, Wajid MA. Outcome Analysis of Hip Arthroscopy. Journal of Pakistan Orthopaedic Association, 2013; 25(3), 20–22. Retrieved from http://mail.jpoa.org.pk/index.php/upload/article/view/144