Dr Nesr Farooq
MRCOphth, FCPS (Ophthalmology), FCPS (V.R)
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Shalamar Institute of Health Sciences, Lahore
Department of Ophthalmology
About Dr. Nesr Farooq
Dr. Nesr Farooq holds the position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology at Shalamar Medical & Dental College in Lahore. He obtained his medical degree from the University of Health Sciences. In 2006, he embarked on his residency in the Department of Ophthalmology at LRBT Free Eye & Cancer Hospital. Following his residency, in 2011, he became an Ophthalmologist at LRBT Free Eye & Cancer Hospital.
In 2013, Dr. Nesr Farooq joined Shalamar Medical & Dental College as an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology. He further pursued his education and completed his second FCPS degree in 2022. Currently, he continues to serve as an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Shalamar Medical & Dental College, where he also supervises postgraduate residents as a CPSP supervisor.
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Shalamar Medical & Dental College, Lahore
Dr. Nesr Farooq possesses exceptional skills as a surgeon specializing in both the anterior and posterior segments of the eye. With extensive experience, he has successfully performed a wide range of eye surgeries, including cataract surgery, glaucoma treatment, squint correction, vitreo retina procedures, retinal detachment surgeries, pars plana vitrectomy (PPV), and numerous other intricate eye surgical procedures.
• Retinal nerve fiber layer thickness of different age groups by using optical coherence tomography
• A comparative study to access the effect of low dose atropine drops in slowing myopia progression.
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology 2013 – till date Shalamar Medical and Dental College, Lahore
- Ophthalmologist/Vitreoretina Trainee 2011 – 2013
- LRBT Free Eye & Cancer Hospital | 436-A/I, Township, Lahore, Pakistan
- Resident Medical Officer 2006 – 2011
- LRBT Free Eye & Cancer Hospital | 436-A/I, Township, Lahore, Pakista
2022 FCPS (V.R) College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan
2011 FCPS (Ophthalmology) College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan
2009 ICO Refraction International Council of Ophthalmology(ICO-UK)
2006 MRCOphth Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons London (UK)
2004 MBBS Islamic International Medical College / Rawalpindi, Pakistan
- Department Chair, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Shalamar Medical College ,Lahore, Pakistan. 2018 – Date
- Faculty, Associate Professor Department of Plastic Surgery Shalamar Medical College ,Lahore, Pakistan
- Program Director Saudi Board o Plastic Surgery /Consultant Plastic,Hand,Reconstructive King Saud Medical City Riyadh. 2015 to 2018
- Deputy Chairman Departmetn of Burns and Plastic Surgery King Saud MEDICAL CITY Riyadh. 2015-2018
- Consultant Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon Saad Specialist Hospital,Khobar ,Kingdom of Saudia Arabia 20111- 2015
- Attended – Annual Conference of Pakistan Association of plastic surgery, in 2015-2019,2022,2023 presented paper in 2017 conference, have won 3rd prize in poster presentation in 2022 conference.
- Presented paper & achieved best presenter award in 14th Annual Meeting of Pakistan Society of hand surgery, December,9-10th 2017.
Life member ophthalmological society of Pakistan Lahore
Life member vitreo retinal association of Pakistan
1. Jamil, M. H., Farooq, N., Khan, M. T., & Jamil, A. Z.Characteristics and pattern of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment in Pakistan. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak, 2012; 22(8), 501-504.
2. Farooq, N., Khan, A. Z., & Rustam, M. N. Role of Pars Plana Vitrectomy with ILM-Peeling in Diffuse Diabetic Macular Edema. Ophthalmology Update, 2017;15(4).
3. Farooq, N., Ansari, M. A., & Najmi, K. M. Effect of Cyclosporine a 0.05% in the Treatment of Sub-epithelial Infiltrates in Epidemic Kerato-conjunctivitis. Ophthalmology Update, 2019;17(1).
4. Ansari, M. A., Farooq, N., & Saleem, Z. Effect of Intra-Vitreal Clindamycin & Dexamethasone Compared with Oral Therapy in Treatment of Toxoplasmosis. Ophthalmology Update, 2019;17(2).
• Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS).
• Basic cardiac life support (BLS).
• Educational Planning & Evaluation.
• Assessment of Competence.
• Supervisory Skills.
• Research Methodology, Biostatistics & Medical Writing.
• Workshop on Research Methodology, Biostatistics & Dissertation Writing, CPSP.
• Workshop on Primary Surgical skills, CPSP.
• Workshop on Communications skills, CPSP.
• Workshop on Computers & Internet, CPSP.
• Opticus Part 2 MRCOphth Revision Course.UK.
• Lecturing skills held on 20-21 August 2013.
• Curriculum development in SMDC.
• Problem based learning in SMDC.
• Research methodology in SMDC.
• Ophthalmic conference in PC hotel, Lahore 2016.
• Course design in SMDC
• Ophthalmic conference in PC hotel, Lahore 2018.
• Ophthalmic conference in PC hotel, Lahore 2019.
• Symposium of PACRS 2019.
• Symposium of PVRS 2018. 2
• Glaucoma workshop LRBT 2012.
• Lahore Ophthalmo 2012