Prof Khalid Mahmood Najmi
Professor of Ophthalmology
Shalamar Institute of Health Sciences, Lahore
Department of Ophthalmology
About Dr. Najmi
Dr. Khalid Mahmood serves as a professor in the Department of Ophthalmology at Shalamar Medical & Dental College in Lahore. He obtained his medical degree from the University of the Punjab and commenced his residency in the Department of Ophthalmology at Mayo Hospital, Lahore, in 1996. In 2001, he became a Senior Registrar of Ophthalmology at Lahore General Hospital. From 2004 to 2009, he worked as an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the Post Graduate Medical Institute.
In 2009, Dr. Khalid Mahmood joined Shalamar Medical & Dental College as an Assistant Professor and has since made consistent advancements in his academic career. He became an Associate Professor in 2010 and was promoted to the position of Professor in 2013. Currently, he holds the position of Professor of Ophthalmology at Shalamar Medical & Dental College, where he also supervises postgraduate residents as a CPSP supervisor.
- Professor of Ophthalmology, Shalamar Medical & Dental College, Lahore
Dr. Khalid Mahmood is a highly skilled surgeon specializing in both anterior and posterior segments of the eye. With a broad range of expertise, he has successfully performed numerous complex eye surgeries, including cataract surgery, glaucoma treatment, squint correction, vitreo retina procedures, retinal detachment surgeries, pars plana vitrectomy (PPV), and various other intricate eye surgical procedures.
Dr Najmi has interest in basic research in the field of Ophthalmology.
Professor of Ophthalmology 2013 – till date Shalamar Medical and Dental College, Lahore
Associate Professor of Ophthalmology 2010 – 2013 Shalamar Medical and Dental College, Lahore
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology 2009 – 2010 Shalamar Medical and Dental College, Lahore
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology 2004 – 2009 Post Graduate Medical Institute, Lahore
Senior Registrar of Ophthalmology 2001 – 2004 Lahore General Hospital, Lahore
Senior Registrar of Ophthalmology 2000 – 2001 Lahore General Hospital, Lahore
Resident Medical Officer Ophthalmology Department 1996 – 1999 Mayo Hospital, Lahore
Registrar Ophthalmology Department 1994 – 1996 Lahore General Hospital, Lahore
Resident Medical Officer Ophthalmology Department 1992 – 1994 Lahore General Hospital, Lahore
2002 FCPS (Ophthalmology) College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan
1990 DOMS (Diploma in Ophthalmic Medicine and Surgery) University of The Punjab, Lahore
1985 MBBS University of The Punjab, Lahore
- Department Chair, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Shalamar Medical College ,Lahore, Pakistan. 2018 – Date
- Faculty, Associate Professor Department of Plastic Surgery Shalamar Medical College ,Lahore, Pakistan
- Program Director Saudi Board o Plastic Surgery /Consultant Plastic,Hand,Reconstructive King Saud Medical City Riyadh. 2015 to 2018
- Deputy Chairman Departmetn of Burns and Plastic Surgery King Saud MEDICAL CITY Riyadh. 2015-2018
- Consultant Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon Saad Specialist Hospital,Khobar ,Kingdom of Saudia Arabia 20111- 2015
- Attended – Annual Conference of Pakistan Association of plastic surgery, in 2015-2019,2022,2023 presented paper in 2017 conference, have won 3rd prize in poster presentation in 2022 conference.
- Presented paper & achieved best presenter award in 14th Annual Meeting of Pakistan Society of hand surgery, December,9-10th 2017.
- Life member ophthalmological society of Pakistan Lahore
- Life member vitreo retinal association of Pakistan
1. Khalid mahmood,shaukat ali khan,muhammad khalil rana,waseem qureshi “maintaining intra operative mydriasis during extra capsular cataract extraction “vol 17-4 103-107 ppmj 2006
2. Zahid kamal siddiqui, khalid mahmood, qasim lateef, waseem qureshi. “management of ocular surface squamous cell carcinoma at lahore general hospital lahore” vol 20-1 30-32 ppmj 2009
3. Khalid .mahmood,shaukat ali khan ,syed ali haider “inter capsular (in the bag) lens aspiration and anterior vitrectomy for sub luxated /dislocated crystalline lens in children “vol 20-2 54-57ppmj 2009
4. Hussain ahmad khaqan, khalid mahmood, syed ali haider, zubair saleem“ocular manifestations of tuberculosis” vol 21-2 43-47 ppmj 2010
5. Khalid mahmood,shaukat ali khan,hussain ahmad khaqan,aamna jabran,qandil zahra “lower lid entropion correction by wies procedure using single armed suture “vol 23-1 09 – 11 ppmj 2012
6. Rabia siddique, khalid .mehmood.imran ahmed, asad aslam khan “existing status of physical rehabilitation of visually impaired students at local special education centres of lahore” vol 10-1 43-46 jaimc 2012
7. Shaukat ali khan, khalid mahmood, hashim imran, sarfraz ahmed mughal “role of optical coherence tomography in early diagnosis of open angle glaucoma: an experience”vol 10, no 3 1073-1075 pjmhs jul-sep 2016
1. What is best topical versus local anesthesia for phako emulsification (2005)
2. Audit of first 100 cases of scleral buckling for retinal detachment (2005)
3. Anti vegf injections for age related macular degeneration (2006)
4. Buckling alone in patients having retinal detachment with (2007)
5. Use of Clexane injection in irrigation solution for pediatric cataract (2009)
6. Macular hole delayed hydration in posterior polar cataract surgery (2011)